1. What is the shape of the harbor seals body?
2.How many digits are on the foreflippers of harbor seals?
a.5 b.4 c.6
3.What do harbor seals mainly use their claws for?
4.True or false: Harbor seals move fast on land.
5.True or false: Harbor seals lack external ear flaps
6.What temperature of water are harbor seals found in?
7.True or false: Harbor seals are endangered.
8.How long can harbor seals stay submerged in water?
9. How fast can harbor seals swim? a. 14 mph b. 12 mph c. 21 mph d. 10 mph
10. What do adult seals eat?
11.True or false: Harbor seals chew their food.
12.When are seals seen in the "banana-like" position?
13.Why do harbor seals haul out of the water?
14. When is the harbor seal mating season? a. late spring through fall
b. summer c.winter through early spring d. year round
15.How many weeks do mothers nurse their young? a. 4-6 weeks b.10 weeks c. 2 days
d. 6 days
16. What is the family for harbor seals?
17.What is the act that protects marine mammals form being hunted?
18. Explain the primary adaptations that enable harbor seals to dive deeply.
1. rounded, fusiform body
3. scratching, grooming, and defense
6.temperate, subarctic, and arctic waters
8.15 to 28 min
9.b 12 mph
10.squid, fish, crustaceans, molluscs
12.when hauled out of the water
13.to rest, breed, and nurse
17.U.S. Marine Mammal Protection Act
18.They have a slower heart rate, oxygen-conserving adaptations, greater volume of blood so it can retain more oxygen, muscles have a high level of oxygen binding protein