1. Most females nest at least twice during each mating season, while some may nest up to 10 times in one season.
2. Leatherbacks routinely dive more than 1,000 ft. and may reach depths of more than 3,900 ft.
3. Hawksbill turtles are known to stay submerged for 35-45 minutes.
4. Green sea turtles can stay underwater for as long as 5 hours because their heart rate can slow to nine minutes in between beats.
5. Sea turtles can sleep at the surface while in deep water or on the bottom wedged under rocks in near shore waters.